- His whole life story. How his humble, honest background set him up perfectly for his success later. It gives me hope for myself.
- The concept he calls "energy." How we carry and project ourselves is invisible but very perceptible by others, and naturally and unconsciously affects every relationship we have.
- "Calm-assertive" leadership. Know when and where you're going, and expect your "pack" to follow.
- The formula for success: Exercise, discipline, affection. In that order. 2:1:1 ratios.
There's more. So, I think I need to own this book. I'll be studying it for a long time, I'm sure.
One more thing: relating to my study of work, this quote from Cesar really meant something to me:
[A] canine pack leader won't directly reward [the pack members'] behavior. He won't turn around and say, "Gee, guys, thanks for following me for ten miles." It's expected that they do that! A mother dog won't say, "You know, you pups have behaved so well today. Let's go to the beach!" In their natural world, the reward is in the process. (That's a concept we humans could sometimes do well to remember.) For a dog there's a reward for simply fitting in with the pack and helping ensure it's survival. [pg. 129]
I'm still studying. I'll share more as I learn.
No comments:
Post a Comment